Gareth Bale haircut is a unique hairstyle that has made him one of the most sought-after footballers, and ESPN regards him as the twelfth most recognizable athlete in the world. This Gareth Bale haircut has propelled him to become one of the most well-known faces in the global world of sports. The 35 years old Real Madrid forward currently styles his hair in the man bun hairstyle.
Sometimes partnering it with an undercut, a parting down by the side of his head, or a combination of both. And he accentuates the style further with his medium-length beard and sideburns. No stranger to criticism, especially from his club supporters who believe he is more interested in playing golf than he is interested in playing for the Spanish giants, it is indeed no surprise that Gareth Bale wears a hairstyle that gets many folks (especially ones with bald heads) end up with their knickers in a twist-mostly with no good reason too!
Gareth Bale alongside other trendsetting celebrities such as Chris Hemsworth (Thor) Jason Momoa (Aqua man), and Leonardo Di Caprio amongst others, has boosted the resurgence of the man bun and its variations. Making it no longer just a hairstyle for attention-seeking ‘fads’-as the hairstyle has sometimes been accused of be- instead it is now a stylishly cool and fashionable way to wear long hair.
Keep reading this article to discover more about how to get yourself this cool hairstyle just like the Unstoppable Los Blancos Winger.
What is the Gareth Bale haircut?
Simply put the Gareth Bale hairstyle is popularly known as the Man Bun. However, the wish all-time highest goal scorer -with thirty-eight goals for Wales- wears his man bun mostly with an undercut and a parting at the lower part of both sides of his head.
.So, a Man Bun with Undercut and parting it is. For those who do not know, a man bun is a male hairstyle in which the hair is pulled back into a tight round shape at either the back or the top of the head. When the crown of the bun is placed at the top of the head, it is called the Top Knot. While the low bun is usually positioned lower, at the back of the head.
The man bun is a hairstyle that can be used by anyone who desires it but it’s mostly considered very suitable for men with less defined facial bone structure. As it makes the face appear longer and slimmer than it is. just like it does with the 4 times champions league winner. The man bun is best combined with a beard and sideburn to achieve an attractive and fully masculine appearance as seen on Gareth Bale.
What do you need to get the Gareth Bale hairstyle?
- Long hair: Hair length of at least ten to fifteen inches (10-15”) is the basic requirement for anyone who desires a man bun. This brings about the serious job of growing one’s hair longer than usual. However, to keep growing hair in the best condition, it is advisable to regularly trim it to avoid suffering from hair splits which can weaken the hair up tip the shaft and force you to cut the hair, thus delaying your man bun.
- Quality hair products: Natural hair ingredients such as coconut oil or palm oil should be given priority when deciding on which shampoo, conditioner, etc. to apply to your hair to keep it moisturized and without irritation.
- Requires more attention: It is true that the longer the hair, the more effort that is required to maintain it becomes. The man bun is no different from other hairstyles that require long hair either. Not only does it require regular washing (two to three times a week), but it also demands trimming of the sides, the back, and the nape at least once every few weeks.
Moreover, if you are also getting an undercut like Gareth Bale’s, then you may need to visit the barber’s shop from time to time to renew the undercut.
How to style my hair into a man bun
- Choose which part of your head the crown of the bun will stay. It is advisable to avoid forming the bun too high on the top of your head
- Gather up your hair in a fistful, without leaving out any stand or flyaway hair sticking out from the sides or bottom.
- As you hold the hair together in one hand. Wrap the hair around the free hair once, then stop halfway through the second time to make your bun. (Although, with longer hair, you may have to wrap your hair around your hand twice or more)
- Hold the bun down firmly with a hairband.
- Visit your barber for your undercut and trimmings afterward.
Variations of the Man Bun
There are surprisingly quite a several variations of the man bun, but this article will only focus on the three most common ones.
Top knot / the full bun
This toe of man bun is the most common amongst men with long hair, who need to keep flyaway hair and loose strands of hair in check. It is characterized by having the crown of the bun at the top of the head.
The low bun
This type of man bun is easily defined with the position of the bun at the back of the head. The low bun creates an appearance of a relaxed, carefree man.
The afro hair bun
An example of this can be seen in American rap artist, A$AP Rocky. It is simply the man bun for men with braids or afro hair.
So, you might never be able to score a crazy overhead kick in a champions league final, score a knuckleball free-kick, or play golf as well as Gareth Bale. But nothing can stop you from getting his fantastic haircut if you desire to have it for yourself. All you have to do is to follow the steps as highlighted and you can easily style your hair like Gareth Bale.