- The circle beard is a versatile style that combines both the mustache and goatee for a polished look.
- Proper shaping and maintenance are crucial for a well-styled circle beard that suits your individual facial structure.
- The style’s adaptability caters to a range of preferences, from the classic and neat to the modern and casual.
The circle beard, a sophisticated mix of a mustache and goatee that encircles the mouth, is a choice facial hair style for men aiming to meld distinction with a touch of classic flair.
How to Achieve a Perfectly Styled Circle Beard?
A. Prepping and Trimming Your Facial Hair
- Wash your beard using a beard-specific shampoo to soften the hair, making it easier to manage.
- Trim evenly with scissors, cutting away hairs that stick out to create a uniform beard length.
- Precisely outline your circle beard with a razor or trimmer, potentially using a guide for cleaner edges.
- Trim upwards from the bottom of your chin, through to your jawline with short, deliberate strokes.
- Define your neckline and cheeks, carefully cleaning up with a razor to maintain clean lines and symmetry.
B. Forming a Proper Shape for Your Circle Beard
Shaping is next after prepping and trimming. This phase is about precision and working slowly to carve out the ideal circle.
- Begin shaping by forming the basic circle with your beard trimmer or razor. This outline is crucial for the steps that follow.
- Employ thinning shears to create a textured look, focusing on neatness and control from the chin to the jawline.
- Comb and trim any stray hairs for a consistent beard length, and use a razor to sharpen the edges of your circle beard.
Tips for Maintaining a Well-Styled Circle Beard:
A. Invest in quality styling tools:
- Trimmers and Shears: The foundation of a well-styled circle beard lies in the precision and quality of your tools. Opt for beard trimmers and shears that are sharp and designed for facial hair to achieve clean lines.
- Razors: Use a safety razor for a close shave on the cheeks and neck, keeping the circle beard looking neat.
B. Regularly Wash, Condition, and Trim Your Facial Hair:
- Cleansing: Wash your beard with a mild shampoo and follow up with a conditioner to keep the hair smooth and manageable.
- Trimming Routine: Trim your beard every few weeks with a precision trimmer to maintain the desired shape and length.
- Comb and Scissors: Regularly comb through your beard and snip away any stray hairs with scissors.
D. Use Professional Help:
- Barber Visits: Don’t hesitate to visit a professional barber for expert shaping and styling advice. They can also recommend the best grooming products, like beard oil and wax, to moisturize and maintain your look between visits.
Popular Types of Styled Circle Beards:
There are many options for circle beard styles. You can find a style that gives you a shape you love with the following different variations.
The Original Circle Beard:
This classic style is exactly what it sounds like – a full circle of hair that wraps around your chin and jawline.
It is a fundamental option to flaunt your masculine features subtly.
To achieve it, trim your beard evenly with a razor or trimmer. Then, use scissors to create an even, symmetrical shape.
The Messy Circle Beard:
This style features a circle of disheveled, textured hair slightly longer than the classic variety. You must trim the hair in this style to give it a messy, rugged look.
The length of the beard should be slightly shorter on the sides and longer towards the center.
The Light Stubble Circle Beard:
If you want to keep things neat, this clean-cut style is just the thing. It features a thin layer of stubble that wraps around your chin and jawline in a perfect circle.
I can tell you for sure that this look will turn heads.
The Full Circle Beard:
As the name suggests, this style comprises a full circle of longer facial hair.
It is an excellent option for boys looking to make a statement with their beards.
To distinguish it, the length of the beard should be slightly longer toward the center and gradually decrease towards the sides.
I have rocked all these styles at one point or another, and I can honestly vouch for each.
A well-maintained circle beard will always look good and is worth the effort. With the above tips, you should have no trouble achieving a perfect circle beard style.
Khamis Maiouf is a professional barber who graduated from Hinckley College in England with a degree in hairdressing. He has also won several barbering contests and successfully operated a barbershop for the last two decades. As a skilled hair stylist for 20 years, his goal is to teach others how to achieve a beautiful appearance through their hairstyles.