To know what haircut suits you. You need to determine your face shape. I am aiming to list the most common face shapes and explain them in-depth for you. I am also going to list some illustration pictures to help you visualise them.
Likewise, I wish by the end of this article, you will learn how to make yourself more attractive to the human eye by a hairstyle that fits your face shape.
Table of Contents
How many face shapes are there?
- Long – shaped face
- Round – shaped -face
- Square -shaped face
- Heart-shaped face
- Oval – shaped face
- Diamond-shaped face
I Placed the most common face shapes, but you need to know how to identify your face shape. Knowing the different types of face shapes will help you choose the right haircut that suits you.
You have to do a few measurements such as your forehead, cheekbones, jawline and your face length.
- Face length
To identify your face shape perfectly, you need to know your face width and the length of your face parts. The first thing you need to know is measuring the forehead.
- Measuring your forehead by placing the tape across your forehead from the edge of hairline to the edge of the hairline on the other side.
- The easiest way is to place the tape at its widest point.
- The most appropriate place is between your hairline and your eyebrows.
- Writing down your measurement.
The picture below is going to make it easy for you. Especially, with this cute child
Excellent you have your forehead width measurement. You have done it.
Would you like to measure the cheekbones?
Here is how to measure your cheekbones.
- You have to stick the tape below your eyes at the widest part.
- Starting below the out corner of your eye is the best place.
- Write down your result.
As always pictures help much better.
It can be tricky sometimes. Take into your consideration the bridge of your nose. It would probably push your tape out, so might give you more width than it is.
Measuring your jawline is easy as long as you follow these steps. I am going to break them down into steps to assist you to take it by yourself. Even if you have not taken it before.
- Stick your tape at the corner of your jaw below your ear as you see on the picture below.
- Bring the other side of your tape to at the tip of your chin so you can get a precise measurement
- Do the same for the other side
- Add the result together
- These will give you the jaw length
What do you need to do to find your face length?
- you need to measure from the centre of the edge of the hairline to the tip of your chin.
- Taking into consideration your nose bridge is significant.
- Take into your consideration beard length.
- Write down your measurement.
After you have complete all the measurements and write them down, You have to identify which measurement is the smallest one and which is the greatest.
Compare your result.
- If the length of your face is bigger than the width, you have a quite long face.
- As you know that If the width of your face the same as the length, you have a square face.
What is most haircut suits me if I have a long – shaped face?
As you know a long face has more length than its width. You need to raise its width and reduce the length. You might ask how?
These steps assist you to have a wonderful haircut that fits your face shape.
These steps will help you to have less long shape look
1-Make the top quite short.
2-Keep the hair on the sides of your head extremely thick and quite long. You can always ask for something that appropriates for you such as scissors over comb instead of clippers.
3-If you have a beard, you have to decrease the length of the chine hair and keep the sides long.
What haircut suits me if I have a quite a round-shaped face?
A round face is just like the moon.
You might think you are limited but I would like to let you know that having a round face is wonderful because you have many haircuts to choose from. Therefore, it is easy for you to choose a haircut that suits you perfectly.
What if you have a square-shaped face, what haircut suits you?
I had one of my clients who was not satisfied with his look. He was thinking he can not have a haircut that suits him because he has a square face. He had a big desire to have a long shape because of some people around him. Would you like to know the steps that helped him to transfer from a square shape to long ? here you go
- I left the top of his hair longer than than the rest.
- Short on the sides.
- Faded beard with keeping the hair of chin longer.
You can apply these steps if you want either reduce the square or having a long face look.
What haircut suits me if I have a heart-shaped face?
You might ask yourself what haircut suits me. By following these steps, you will have the desired haircut.
You need to do a little balance around the chin because in the heart-shaped face you have a sharp angle chin.
- Keep a good length around the chin, not at the chin.
- Make sure the length at the chin is short.
- Remain the sides of your hair short.
What haircut suits me if I have an oval-shaped face?
The forehead is slightly wider than your chin. The chin is quite pointed.
There are many haircuts you can use that suit the oval face. Check them out and determine which one suits you the most.
What haircut suits me if I have a diamond-shaped face?
It is wonderful. You have a sharp jawline that is often very pointed and the cheekbones most likely to be very angular. Usually, the length is slightly greater than the width of the cheekbones. The easy way to identify it is by imagining it such as an egg.
Whatever shapes you have, do not worry about it because you can obtain your desired haircut by considering your beard length.
Your beard can add more width to your face, as you know. It also can add length to your face by keeping more length at the chin.
I want to let you know that you have full control of your suit haircut by your facial hair. You might be interested in how to cut your hair at home?